Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Liberty 5K

Sorry about the lack of explaining on the last post...I was in a hurry - so I added a little more detail to it.
Anyway, about a month ago, I decided that I needed to make a goal for myself to help me get back into shape (of some sort) so I decided to train for the Rexburg "Liberty 5k." My personal goal was to finish the race under 30 minutes, and Brian was great enough to do this with me. When we got to Rexburg, we convinced both my dad and brother to join us in the "fun" race.
We all had a great time. My dad finish 2nd in his division, and Brian and I reached our goal, finishing at just under 29 minutes!! HURRAY!!! We were SOOO excited!! Here are some pics ~
This is a pic under the finish line before the race. (Robert, me, Brian, my dad)

With our 5k t-shirts on...dont we look spiffy.

Our nice and sweaty faces right after the race...dont we look HOT? :)

Robert and I...Hurray, we did it!!

We had so much fun with this, our next goal is a 1/2 marathon! Crazy...I know I know..

4 comments:

Brittney said...

You can do it! I need to get back into shape. I'm not liking the marshmallow shape much anymore :P

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

Good job! I'm impressed.....I can't even run a mile without stopping, unless i'm on a treadmill...for some reason that's easier for me!? :) we miss you guys, hope all is well

Kathryn said...

Wow way to go Becky and Brian! That is impressive! I am glad that you got dad and Robert to do it with you! We wish we could have been there. Good luck training for the 1/2 marathon!

Ben and Sabrina said...

Awesome! That is sooooo cool that you were abel to run that race together. I'll have to put a bug in Ben's ear about doing somthing like that. Good luck with the 1/2 marathon!