Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween Run


Meet Marie ....

She had never ran before, but always wished she could. :)  I started running with her about 6 weeks ago, at which time she could barely run 1/2 mile before having to stop and walk. Now dont get me wrong - running a 1/2 mile is AWESOME for any beginner ~ but the best part was that she loved it and wanted to continue training.  As time went on, a few other friends joined in on our morning runs and this past weekend, we did a 4.5 mile race while a few other ladies did the 2 mile walk.  The BEST part ~ they all ran the WHOLE THING!!  What an AMAZING accomplishment!!

PS ~ Dont you just love our matching shirts?? :)  I even made one for Crystal, who did the 2mile walk with Brian and Spencer....basically waisting time until we'd finished.

Crystal was waiting near the end and ran through the Finish line with us. :)
 And to top off a great race ~ I WON a beanie!! HOORAY!!
 What did little Abby think of all the excitement???
Love it! :)

4 comments:

Marie said...

This was definitely the best race I've ever done:) Thanks for everything...and hopefully this is the first of lots of races to come!

The Asay's said...

Love your race post. Great pictures. I love that you finished the race carrying Crystal.

Erin said...

You all inspire me! As much as I despise running, I want to try too. (i'm going to kick myself later for saying that;-) I have to wait till I'm 6 weeks post op though.

Kathryn said...

You are amazing!! I LOVED all your posts!! What a good-lookin Cruella Deville you were and Brian looked awesome! You guys are so fun!! We love you! Hope you and your family are doing well!